Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Vegas Bombs are Flowing Freely

FML.......Yep, that's about all I have to say right now........
For those of you who have not been keeping up with the saga here.....get off your lazy ass and read the last few entries on here we are trying to prepare a house and all its contents for auction. In a relatively short amount of time....

And see how as this house is not in the same town as we are, it makes for tough working on the weekends...EVERY weekend!

So while there are 8 kids, 5 are only interested in ransacking the house....1 lives very, very far away, 1 lives 20 miles away, and we live 150 miles away. So every weekend we have several of us here. We decided that it was best to work on one room at a time.....NOT!! Those other 5???? Well they go to the office go through all the desk drawers, take out what they want, go to the next room, ransack the closets, take what they want, go to the family room, haul out a few boxes.......TO THEIR VEHICLES.....and go home. Leaving their hurricane aftermass to us to clean up...

Ummm, the Auction is November 7th, leaving us to push every minute we have to be ready. Now the realtor wants to have open houses.....Okay, I undertand the need for that. But now I am left with 3 days to have the house ready for an open house~~~ FML....right?

My SIL gets this bright idea.....She says "Hey how about you and I both take the week of the 12th through the 17th off and we can stay here at the house and work and get it all ready?" Good idea...I had to work on Monday, but cleared the rest of the week, okay we can do it in 4 days, no problem. Wrong...She has to work Monday and Tuesday, both 12 hour days. Okay I will come up Tuesday night, we can still do it! No she wants to wait now til Wednesday morning to start.......Oi Vey! Ok....Will do.

I get up early today, drive 2 hours to get here. She had just arrived, we are ready to start. Work good for 2 hours.....Oops, she has to stop for lunch......at 3:00 she grabs up her stuff and says "come on, I have to work and you can hang out at my house with my hubby tonight, we will come back in the morning."

All I could do was stare at her and think WTF??

I told her no and so far this afternoon and evening, I have all the curtains washed and rehung, windows washed, all the upstairs walls washed,ceiling fans and light fixtures cleaned. Got the office cleaned out, 3 desks emptied, sorted and boxed. Carpet vacuumed and half of it shampooed. One bedroom completely finished and carpets done in there. Still want to get the upstairs bathroom done tonight and finish boxing up the kitchen. Tomorrow I can start on the downsatirs. I say "I can start" because guess what??? Yep she has to work tomorrow too! I should have just came up Monday night. If I am staying here alone I might as well have got the whole week of quiet time and physical exercise!

But I did bring enough Vegas Bombs to last the entire week.....for two!

Anyone want to come share??

P.S. What size batteries does the Queen need? (heheheh)

2 comments:

The Queen said...

he he... big batteries.. powerful batteries.... he he..

You know that no good deed goes unpunished.. the other five WILL accuse you of stealing something while you were working your ass off getting THEIR MOTHER'S house ready.. you know that right? I have lots of gin when it happens.. and I'm only a couple more hours away! come on down..

MrsBlogAlot said...

You are a great detective GN!

Love the blog!